Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung teamed up for a film that shows there's much more to them than brawling.
Jackie plays a good-hearted cop looking after his mentally challenged brother Danny (Sammo) , but doesn't always succeed in keeping him out of trouble. When Danny is taken as a hostage, his brother will risk everything - his career and even his life –-to rescue him, throwing it down as only Jackie Chan can.
Also known as THE FIRST MISSION and made in the same year as POLICE STORY, HEART OF DRAGON was a change of pace for the great action artists, giving them a chance to show of their acting chops as well as their stunt skills - the film is still packed with the latter!
This 88 Films release has a limited edition collectors slipcase and booklet.
Free UK Shipping on this title.
Director: Sammo Hung, Fruit Chan
Cast: Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, Lam Ching Ying (MR. VAMPIRE), Emily Chu (A BETTER TOMORROW, ROUGE)
- New 2K Remaster of the Original Hong Kong Cut from the original 35mm negatives in 1.85:1 aspect ratio
- Cantonese mono with newly remastered English subtitles [HK Cut]
- Classic English Dub [HK Cut]
- New 2K Remaster of the Extended Cut [Japanese version] from The Original 35mm Negatives in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
- Cantonese Japanese Soundtrack [Extended Cut] - [This is the audio from the original Shochiku Japanese theatrical cut of the film, in which ALL of the HK score/songs were replaced with a Japanese score and Jackie's songs "China Blue" and "Tokyo Saturday Night]
- Cantonese HK theatrical Soundtrack [Extended Cut] - [This track is essentially if you took the extended Japanese cut, but all of the music prior to the end credits is from the HK cut. Even the parking lot fight audio is taken from a rare source in which it doesn't have the music from the Japanese cut.]
- Cantonese HK theatrical Soundtrack with Japanese Soundtrack for parking lot fight scene [Extended Cut] - [Pretty much the same as the above option, but with the Japanese music cue for the parking lot fight.]
- Cantonese with HK soundtrack & the Japanese songs [Extended Cut] - [HK music score, but Jackie's opening and ending songs.]
- Classic English dub hybrid with Cantonese for the extra Japanese scenes [Extended Cut] - [The only scenes that would revert to Cantonese would be the methadone clinic fight and the parking lot fight.]
- Newly Remastered English Subtitles
- The First Mission - Making of Special [48:41 mins]
- The First Mission - Behind the Scenes - Special video for the pre-release event (screened at Shinjuku Shochiku and others in August 1985) [15:21 mins] [HD]
- [Archive] Interview with Jackie Chan
- [Archive] Interview with Rocky Lai
- [Archive] Interview with Sammo Hung
- [Archive] Interview with Sammo Hung 2
- [Archive] Interview with Arthur Wong
- Hong Kong Trailer
- English ‘Raging Force’ Trailer
- Fortune Star Trailer
- Japanese Teaser Trailer #1
- Japanese Teaser Trailer #2
- Japanese Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with alternative Hong Kong poster artwork
- New artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien [check out his webshop for awesome kung fu prints here]
- Region Code: B
- Audio: LPCM Stereo
- Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
- Runtime: 97 mins approx
- Language: English / Cantonese
- Subtitles: English