SNAKE IN THE EAGLE’S SHADOW is Jackie Chan's kung fu comedy masterpiece..
This star-making film was the first to feature Jackie’s trademark mix of mind-blowing martial arts action with hilariously choreographed slap-stick. It also marked the historic first collaboration between Jackie and director Yuen Woo Ping (IRON MONKEY, action choreographer for THE MATRIX and CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON), to be followed by their huge hit DRUNKEN MASTER, released a year later.
At the end of the The Qing Dynasty, a 200-year-old deadly clan known as the Eagle Claw Society has eliminated all styles of martial arts except for the revered Snake Fist style. The Grand Master of Eagle Claw is obsessed with finding - and killing - the remaining members of the Snake Fist school.
Meanwhile, the wise, elderly Snake Fist Grand Master is busy in hiding, teaching a young, overworked servant (Jackie Chan) his awesome, super-fast fighting moves. An action-packed showdown is inevitable, but is the newest member of the Snake Fist school any match for an evil, legendary fighter with years of experience?
Director: Yuen Woo Ping
- DTS-HD MA Cantonese Mono
DTS-HD MA Mandarin Mono
DTS-HD MA Classic English Dub
Newly Remastered English Subtitles
- Audio Commentary by Asian cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Audio Commentary by actor/stuntman John Kreng and R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
- “Horan in the Eagles Shadow” an interview with Roy Horan
- “Out of the Shadows” with HK film expert and film director George Clarke
- US Opening Credits
- Reconstructed Chinese Opening Credits
- Original Hong Kong Trailer with English subtitles
- English Trailer
- US Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with original Hong Kong poster artwork and brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
- Region Code: B
- Audio: DTS-HD MA Mono
- Picture: 1080p HD 2.35:1
- Runtime: 97 Mins Approx.
- Language: Mandarin / English / Cantonese
- Subtitles: English
- Cert: 12