***Pre-order only. 22nd May 2023 release date. Orders will be shipped closer to release date. If your order contains a pre-order, then it will be shipped when all titles are ready, so please split orders to avoid waiting****
Mr Vampire II, Mr Vampire III, Mr Vampire IV and Vampire vs Vampire in this blu ray boxset release from Eureka Entertainment.
Mr. Vampire sparked the wave for films about Jiangshi (Chinese hopping vampires), and this limited edition 2-disc collection brings these sequels together
In Mr Vampire II (aka Vampire Family) an archaeologist and his students unwittingly set free a family of hopping vampires who wreak havoc in 1980s Hong Kong.
Mr Vampire III returns to a period setting and sees Lam Ching-ying’s Taoist priest battle an evil witch (a brilliant performance by veteran actress Pauline Yuk-Wan Wong).
Mr Vampire IV (aka Uncle Vampire) two feuding neighbours (a Taoist priest and a Buddhist monk) must join forces when their village is overrun by vampires.
And finally in Vampire vs Vampire, Lam Ching-ying’s Taoist priest finds his jiangshi-fighting knowledge is of little help when he goes up against a European vampire.
Featuring a cast of Hong Kong legendary actors including Lam Ching-ying, Yuen Biao, Wu Ma, Richard Ng, Yuen Wah, and many more – this collection brings together four beloved films in definitive presentations in a very special edition. Filled with screams and laughs, Eureka Classics is proud to present Hopping Mad: The Mr Vampire Sequels.
Get the first Mr Vampire on the Terracotta store to complete the collection!
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- Mr Vampire II and Mr Vampire III presented in 1080p HD from brand new 2K restorations
- Mr Vampire IV and Vampire vs Vampire presented in 1080p HD from brand new HD restorations
- Cantonese and English audio options on all films
- Optional English Subtitles for all films, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on Mr Vampire II and Vampire vs Vampire by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on Mr Vampire III and Mr Vampire IV by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Brand new video piece on the history and resurgent popularity of the jiangshi genre
- Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films and the Jiangshi genre by James Oliver [2000 copies]
All Extras subject to change
Director: Ricky Lau
Cast: Lam Ching Ying, Moon Lee, Ricky Hui, Yuen Biao, Anthony Chan, Loletta Lee, Chin Kar Lok
Genre: Horror Comedy
Country: Hong Kong
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1