***Pre-order for 20th February release date. Payment taken at checkout and item shipped nearer to release date. If your order contains a pre-order, all items will be shipped together; please split your orders if you prefer to not wait***
One of the best yakuza films with a stellar cast of Noboru Ando, Bunta Sugawara, Tetsuro Tanba and Akira Kobayashi Violent Streets; a baroque crime thriller about a retired yakuza who gets pulled into a violent gang war by his former associates.
A former yakuza member, Egawa (Noboru Andô) is now a brooding world-weary nightclub owner. Some of his former associates are released from prison and want to regain a foothold in the criminal underworld by igniting a gang war between the local yakuza, and an out-of-town clan led by veteran actor Tetsurō Tanba (Harakiri).
A bold and colourful entry in the yakuza genre, Hideo Gosha’s Violent Streets makes its worldwide debut on Blu-ray from a new restoration completed by Toei Company, Ltd.
- Director: Hideo Gosha
- Country: Japan
- Language: Japanese
- Year: 1974
- Runtime: 99
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Colour: Colour
- Subtitles: Optional English subtitles
- Genre: Action
- 1 Disc
- Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the original film elements
- Optional English subtitles
- An introduction to Violent Streets and the works of director Hideo Gosha by film critic Tony Rayns
- Jasper Sharp on Violent Streets
- A collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes
- **All Extras subject to change