Tony Ching Siu Tung directs, and action choreographs, this dazzling sword-fighting wu xia spectactle.
Every ten years, an epic duel is held between the finest Japanese and Chinese martial artists to determine whose swordmanship is superior. During the Ming Dynasty, as the next duel approaches, the chosen candidates are caught in the middle of a battle between ninjas and Shaolin monks. Only a Duel to the Death will settle the countries’ conflicts and stop the bloodshed.
Known for his classic film, A Chinese Ghost Story, as well as for directing Tsui Hark’s the Swordsman saga, this is Tony Ching Siu Tung's debut feature. He would later choreograph the action sequences for Zhang Yimou’s acclaimed wuxia triptych; Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Curse of the Golden Flower.
Duel to the Death comes to Blu-Ray for the first time in the UK from a brand new 2K restoration.
Pre-order now for 20th September release.
Director: Tony Ching Siu Tung
Cast: Norman Tsui Siu Keung, Damian Lau Chung Yan, Flora Cheung Tin Oi, Paul Chang Chung, Eddy Ko Hung
Genre: Wu Xia, Kung Fu
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles)
Runtime: 86 minutes
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a new 2K restoration from the original film elements
- Original Cantonese audio
- Optional English dubbed audio
- Optional English Subtitles, newly revised for this release.
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Brand new interview with screenwriter Manfred Wong
- Archival interview with Norman Chui Siu-keung
- Archival interview with Flora Cheung
- Alternate English credits
- A LIMITED EDITION collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver; and a reprint of Frank Djeng’s original liner notes from the US laserdisc release [2000 copies]
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Colour: Colour
- Certificate: 18
- Subtitles: Optional English Subtitles
- Genre: Action
- 1 disc
- Region B