The Japanese splatter classic Meatball Machine released in high definition. Terracotta are releasing just 2,000 copies with this illustration and slipcase.
Aliens are invading the Earth and inserting themselves into humans, turning them into slave cyborgs, hosts for the parasitic alien life forms.
When Sachiko is infected and transformed, it’s up to her colleague and wanna-be-lover Yoji, who himself is already half-infected, to save her with his new-found mutated state and deadly weapons growing out from his body.
Part tragic love story, part body horror, MEATBALL MACHINE is the beset example of an extreme steam-punk gore fest which has stood the test of time since its first release and has since spawned a sequel MEATBALL MACHINE: KODOKU (directed by Yoshihiro Nishimura who was the special effects director of this original MEATBALL MACHINE).
Special Extras (In SD except Director Interview):
- Exclusive director interview with Yudai Yamaguchi (commissioned by Terracotta, director Yudai Yamaguchi reflects on MEATBALL MACHINE more than 15 years on)
- Cast and Crew Interviews - 'Maximum Meatball Machine'
- 'Reject of Death' short film
- 'What's about Doi?' short film
- 'Illustration build-up' showcasing the cover art process by artist Simon Heard
- Trailer: Original Meatball Machine trailer
- Trailer: Meatball Machine: Kodoku (dir.Yoshihiro Nishimura)
- Audio commentary by Issei Takahashi, Yudai Yamaguchi and Yoshihiro Nishimura
- Keita Amemiya / Shinichi Hiromoto - Concept Designs
- Images Gallery
Directors: Yudai Yamaguchi, Junichi Yamamoto
Genre: Japanese splatter; sci fi; body horror
Language: Japanese (with English subtitles)