The Story of Ricky is one of the most ultra-violent martial arts movies you'll ever see. Based on a Manga and set in a high-security jail in a dystopian future.
Directed by Lam Nai Choi (Erotic Ghost Story) and starring Louis Fan Siu Wong, this rare example of a great Hong Kong martial arts splatter movie tells the story of the eponymous Ricky, locked up in a futuristic prison run by corrupt officials, where he is only able to use extreme violence to survive and fight the system.
As such this film follows in the cinematic tradition of the 'brutal prison drama' genre like Brute Force (1947), Escape from Alcatraz (1979) and Scum (1979) but of course it's all delivered with a distinctive kung fu style.
The film has had such a far reaching influence beyond Asian film fans; Riki-Oh inspired the design of the M. Bison Street Fighter character.
Stream this film on the Terracotta streaming site.
Director: Lam Nai Choi
Cast: Louis Fan Siu Wong, Gloria Yip Wan Yee, Frankie Chan Chi Leung, Koichi Sugisaki
Genre: Violent Action
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles)
Country: Hong Kong
Label: 88 films
- 2.0 Cantonese LPCM Mono (Theatrical Mix)
- 2.0 Cantonese LPCM Mono (Home Video Mix)
- Remastered English Subtitles
- 2.0 English LPCM Mono
- 5.1 English DTS-HD Master Audio
- Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
- Audio Commentary with Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Audio Commentary with Frank Djeng
- Audio Commentary with Audi Sorlie and Chris Ling
- Interview with Fan Sui-wong
- Hong Kong Trailer
- English Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with original Hong Kong Poster Artwork