Johnnie To's intense action thriller that became one of Hong Kong’s biggest box office hits, Running Out of Time.
Told by his doctor that he has only 2 weeks to live, Cheung Wah (Andy Lau, taking the Best Actor award at the Hong Kong Film Awards for this role) decides to take on the entire police force. After crossing paths with Inspector Ho (played by Lau Ching Wan) - a cool, analytical police negotiator - Wah challenges the inspector to figure out his plan and play a game of catch with him for the next 72 hours, running amok through the streets of Hong Kong.
Running Out of Time 2. Lau Ching Wan reprises his role as Inspector Ho, this time chasing an elusive thief (Ekin Cheng from Young and Dangerous) with a taste for the theatrical.
On Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from brand new 2K restorations.
Director: Johnnie To
Cast: Andy Lau, Lau Ching Wan, YoYo Mung, Waise Le, Ekin Cheng
Genre: Action thriller
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles)
Country: Hong Kong
Year: 2000/ 2001
Runtime: 93 mins/ 95 mins
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju) [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation of both films, scanned and restored in 2K, across two Blu-ray discs
- Cantonese and English audio options
- Optional English subtitles, newly revised for this release
- Brand new audio commentary tracks on both films by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Audio Commentary on Running Out of Time by writers Laurent Cortiaud and Julien Carbon, moderated by Hong Kong Film expert Stefan Hammond
- The Directors’ Overview of Carbon and Courtiaud – featurette
- Making of Running Out of Time 2 – featurette
- Archival interview with director Johnnie To
- Archival interview with Lau Ching Wan
- Archival interview with Raymond Wong
- Hong Kong Stories [51 mins] – extensive documentary
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on both films