Experience the chilling narrative of "A Tale of Two Sisters," a Korean horror masterpiece now available on Blu-ray from Arrow Video. This haunting film, directed by Kim Jee-woon (A BITTERSWEET LIFE), weaves a psychological tapestry of family secrets and supernatural horrors. Immerse yourself in the visually stunning cinematography and intricate storytelling that has captivated audiences worldwide.
Released from a mental institution, Su-mi returns home with her father and her younger sister, Su-yeon, only to face her cold stepmother's strange behaviour, and the disturbing apparitions that are haunting their house. What dark secret connects them all to the family's past?
Haunting and heartbreaking in equal measure, A Tale of Two Sisters' devastating mix of style, scares and emotive storytelling blurred the boundaries between genres as few other horror films had done before and had a profound influence on a new generation of filmmakers.
Arrow Video's Blu-ray edition of "A Tale of Two Sisters" includes exclusive bonus features, providing insights into the making of this cinematic gem.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 and uncompressed stereo audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand-new Audio commentary by Korean Cinema historian Pierce Conran & critic James Marsh
- Audio commentary by writer/director Kim Jee-woon, lighting cameraman Oh Seung-chul and cinematographer Lee Mo-gae
- Audio commentary by writer/director Kim Jee-woon and cast members Im Soo-jung and Moon Geun-young
- Always on the Move: The Dynamic Camera and Spaces of Master Stylist Kim Jee-woon, a brand-new visual essay by Korean Cinema historian Pierce Conran
- Spirits of the Peninsula: Folklore in Korean Cinema, a brand-new visual essay by cultural historian Shawn Morrisey
- Imaginary Beasts: Memory, Trauma & the Uncanny in A Tale of Two Sisters, a brand-new visual essay by genre historian and critic Kat Ellinger
- Behind the Scenes, an archival featurette shot during filming
- Outtakes, archival footage from set
- Production Design, archival featurette about the intricate look of the sets
- Music Score, archival featurette
- CGI, an archival featurette
- Creating the Poster, an archival featurette about the iconic original poster
- Cast Interviews, archival interviews with Kim Kab-su (Father), Yeom Jung-a (Stepmother), Im Soo-jung (Su-mi), and Moon Geun-young (Su-yeon)
- Deleted scenes with director's commentary
- Director's analysis, an archival featurette in which Kim Jee-woon discusses the complexity and ambiguities contained within the film and why they were important to him.
- Director's thoughts on horror, an archival featurette in which Kim Jee-woon discusses his feelings about the horror genre.
- Psychiatrist's Perspective, an archival featurette exploring the psychological reality behind the story of the film
- Theatrical Trailer
- Stills galleries
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde