Miike's eerie masterpiece often tops lists in the best Japanese horror movies of all time.
A deliberately slow-paced start to the film, follows the story of a film director, whose wife tragically died, auditions 30 girls to meet for a potential date, although they are under the impression that it is for an actual acting role.
When he becomes lovestruck for one of the actresses, he arranges to meet regularly with her and as their relationship develops, a slightly dark undertone grows in the film and comes to the fore.
Picking up where Tartan Asia Extreme left off, you can now get a whole range of Asian horror blu ray on the Arrow Video label.
Director: Takashi Miike
Language: Japanese (with English subtitles)
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Brand new 2K restoration of original vault elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Takashi Miike and screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
- Brand new commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes examining the film and its source novel
- Introduction by Miike
- Ties that Bind – A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
- Interviews with stars Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi and Ren Osugi
- Gallery including behind-the-scenes images
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin