IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE (2000)
DIRECTED BY WONG KAR WAI
Indulge in the timeless allure of IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE (2000), a cinematic masterpiece ensconced in the Criterion Collection. Directed by the visionary Wong Kar Wai, and starring Tony Leung (INFERNAL AFFAIRS) and Maggie Cheung (POLICE STORY) this evocative film is a mesmerizing exploration of love, desire, and unspoken connections. Set against the backdrop of 1960s Hong Kong, the story unfolds with magnetic grace as two neighbours, Mrs. Chan and Mr. Chow, discover their spouses' infidelity.
Drawn together by loneliness and shared heartache, they develop a unique bond that transcends societal norms.
The film's visual poetry, underscored by Christopher Doyle's lush cinematography and a haunting musical score, captures the intricate dance of emotions. As you immerse yourself in this intimate tale, relish the subtlety of unexpressed feelings and the delicate nuances of yearning.
IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE beckons viewers into a world of exquisite beauty and unfulfilled passion, leaving an indelible mark on the soul.
For an unparalleled cinematic experience, explore IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE from the Criterion Collection. Watch this enchanting film to embark on a journey through the hidden recesses of the heart, where emotions speak louder than words.
- 4k Digital restoration with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, both supervised and approved by director Wong Kar Wai
- Documentary from 2001 by Wong, chronicling the making of IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE
- Hua yang de nian hua (2000), a short film by Wong Kar Wai
- Interview and cinema lesson from 2001 featuring Wong Kar Wai
- Press conference from the 2000 Toronto International Film Festival with actors Maggie Cheung Man Yuk and Tony Leung Chiu Wai
- Interview from 2012 with critic Tony Rayns about the soundtrack
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Wong Kar Wai
- Music video
- IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE Trailer
- PLUS: A new essay by novelist Charles Yu