LAST HERO IN CHINA (1993) directed by Wong Jing
In Hong Kong action comedy, LAST HERO IN CHINA, Wong Fei Hung (Jet Li) legendary kung ku master, wages a one man war against criminals and corruption in the Boxer Society in turn-of-the-century China.
He unknowingly opens a martial arts school right next to a notorious brothel, only to come across a kidnapping plot.
Jet Li delivers a tour de force performance as the revered martial arts master, Wong Fei Hung (a real-life folk hero) facing a tumultuous era of change in 19th-century China. Li's character, a beacon of traditional values, finds himself at odds with encroaching Western influence and political unrest. Li blends his trademark martial arts style with director Wong Jing's brand of Hong Kong comedy humour, navigating skilfully between the two.
As the last bastion of traditional Chinese martial arts, he must navigate a world in flux while upholding the honour and legacy of his discipline.
Director: Wong Jing
Cast: Jet Li, Sharla Cheung Man, Anita Yuen, Nat Chan, Bryan 'beardy' Leung Kar Yan
Genre: kung fu comedy
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles)
Country: Hong Kong
- Double Walled Silver Board O-Ring featuring new artwork by 17th & Oak
- Double-sided foldout poster
- HD Transfer in Original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ Presentation
- 2.0 Cantonese Original Theatrical Mono with English Subtitles
- 2.0 Cantonese Home Video Mix with English Subtitles
- 2.0 English Dub
- Audio Commentary with Hong Kong Film Expert James Mudge
- Deleted Scenes
- Jet Li’s UK Visit (2000)
- Stills Gallery
- Reversible cover with new art by 17th & Oak and original Hong Kong Poster
- Region Code: B
Audio: 2.0 Dual Mono
- Picture: HD 1080p 1.85:1