A brand new restoration of the film which started Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s career in horror!
Before becoming one of Japan’s most well-known horror directors through films like Cure, Pulse and Creepy, Kiyoshi Kurosawa started off his career in horror with 1992’s The Guard from Underground, the final film of the ‘Directors Company’.
Kiyoshi Kurosawa here fashions a dark tale that is both a sharp satire of corporate life and a B-movie thriller. A former sumo wrestler now working as a security guard goes on a murderous rampage in the company that’s employed him.
- New digital remaster from the original negatives
- New audio commentary by Tom Mes
- Interview with producer Takashi Ikoma
- Kiyoshi Kurosawa talk show at the premiere of the new master
- Slipcase with artwork from Gokaiju
- ‘Directors Company’ special edition featuring insert by Jasper Sharp - limited to 2000 copies
Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa
Cast: Makiko Kuno, Hatsunori Hasegawa, Yutaka Matsushige, Ren Osugi
Language: Japanese with English subtitles
Runtime: 97 minutes