Stephen Chow in Royal Tramp 1 and Royal Tramp 2, a pair of hilarious and exhilarating action-comedies directed by Wong Jing and co-starring Sharla Cheung Man and Chingmy Yau.
An epic two-part wuxia-comedy based on the writings of acclaimed Chinese novelist Jin Yong, the ROYAL TRAMP films star Stephen Chow as a cowardly bard who finds himself taking part in a real adventure when he is inducted into a sect of revolutionaries.
Wilson Bond (Chow) is known for his exciting tales of adventure and heroism, but his own life is quite dull. After rescuing the leader of a revolutionary movement from a police ambush, Wai is recruited into the Heaven and Earth Society and sent to steal secrets from the royal palace. However, in the palace things get complicated fast and Wai realises he has to play all sides off against each other if he is going to survive.
Featuring incredible choreography by Ching Siu-tung (A Chinese Ghost Story, Duel to the Death), Royal Tramp and Royal Tramp II are a pair of hilarious and exhilarating action-comedies from director Wong Jing and the “King of Comedy” Stephen Chow. Eureka Classics is proud to present both films, newly restored in 4K, for the first time ever in the UK as The Royal Tramp Collection.
You can also get other Stephen Chow films on blu ray on the Terracotta store.
- Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase (First print run of 2000 copies only) featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling #
- Brand new 4K restorations of both films, presented in 1080p HD across two Blu-ray discs Original Cantonese audio tracks
- Optional English dubbed audio
- Optional English subtitles newly translated for this release
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentaries by Asian film expert Frank Djeng, and Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- A career spanning interview with veteran Hong Kong actress Helene Law Lan, courtesy of the Frédéric Ambroisine Video Archive
- Two archival interviews with Wong Jing about Royal Tramp and the Jin Yong novel the story is based on
- PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet (First print run of 2000 copies only) featuring new writing on the films