Ringo Lam (City on Fire) is best known for his Hong Kong action films, bullet ballet style. Burning Paradise is his one and only wuxia period swordplay film and it is based on a Chinese folk-hero, Fong Sai Yuk, who Jet Li also portrayed in a series of his The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk films.
Hunted by the Manchu government, a young Fok Sai-yuk is captured and sent to the Red Lotus Temple, where Shaolin monks are enslaved and viciously tortured by the sadistic warden Kung (Wong Kam Kong). Thrown into a pit of corpses and left to die, Fong survives and attempts to save his Shaolin brothers.
Produced by Tsui Hark, Burning Paradise is a dark fantasy epic, filled with shocking violence and incredible choreography. Eureka Classics is proud to present the film for the first time in the UK since the VHS era in a blood-soaked special edition.
Director: Ringo Lam
Cast: Willie Chi, John Ching, Carman Lee
Genre: Kung Fu Wuxia
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles), English Audio option
Country: Hong Kong
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the films’ original 35mm camera negative
- Cantonese and English audio options (both in their original mono presentations)
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Brand new interview with actor Wong Kam Kong
- Archival Interview with Tsui Hark
- Original theatrical trailer
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]
- **All Extras subject to change
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1