Jia Zhang Ke's 24 City, A Touch of Sin and Mountains May Depart presented in one 3-disc blu ray set.
Jia Zhang Ke is widely regarded as one of world cinema’s most accomplished filmmakers, and a leading figure of the Sixth Generation movement of Chinese cinema. This collection presents three of Jia’s most compelling works together on Blu-ray™.
In 24 City (2008), Jia skilfully combines documentary and fiction film as he records the social impact of transforming a military hardware factory into a complex of luxury flats.
The Cannes prize-winner A Touch of Sin (2013) focuses on four people living across China who are driven to acts of violence. An angry miner, enraged by corruption in his village; a migrant who discovers the infinite possibilities of owning a firearm; a receptionist at a sauna who is pushed to the limit by a client; and a young worker drifting through the foreign-owned factories and nightclubs of the south.
Jia’s eighth feature film, Mountains May Depart (2015), is an intimate and moving drama spanning several decades which charts the impact of China’s capitalist experiment on the lives of one family.
24 City: Joan Chen, Lu Liping, Zhao Tao
A Touch of Sin: Jiang Wu, Wang Baoqiang
Mountains May Depart: Zhao Tao, Zhang Yi, Liang Jingdong
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of each film
- Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio for each film
- Three interviews with director Jia Zhangke on each film, by critics including Scott Foundas and Tony Rayns
- Introductions to each film by Tony Rayns
- From Fenyang to the World, a visual essay on Jia Zhangke, looking at his style and evolution as a filmmaker, by author Michael Berry
- Two short films by Jia Zhangke: Cry Me a River (2008) and The Hedonists (2016)
- The Making of 24 City, a featurette on the film’s production
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Scott Saslow
Production Year: 2008
Region Code: B
UK Rating: 15
Running Time: 112 mins / 125 mins / 126 mins
Number of Discs: 3
Language: Mandarin, English
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 / 1.85:1 / 2.35:1