The Bullet Train (1975) (also known as Super Express 109) is the inspiration behind Hollywood hit Speed starring Keanu Reaves and Sandra Bullock.
Directed by Junya Sato, a bomb is planted on the worlds fastest train by terrorist Ken Takakura which will detonate if the train drops below 80km/h.
It's up to train conductor Sonny Chiba (Kill Bill, Sister Street Fighter) to find and defuse the bomb with the remote help of transit chief Ken Utsui before it's too late.
A thrilling edge of your seat ride and a Japanese cinema classic released by Eureka on blu ray with a limited number of these slipcased editions.
- Limited Edition slipcase featuring new artwork by Tony Stella [2000 copies]
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 2K restoration of the original film elements
- Original Japanese theatrical version and alternate dubbed International version included
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary by Jasper Sharp and Tom Mes
- Brand new interview with author / critic Kim Newman
- Brand new interview with Tony Rayns
- Off the Rails: Junya Sato’s biographers on the making of The Bullet Train – Brand new interview with film writer Tatsuya Masuto and film critic Masaaki Nomura
- "Big Movie, Big Panic: Junya Sato on The Bullet Train" archival featurette
- A limited edition collectors booklet featuring a new essay by film writer Barry Forshaw [2000 copies]
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Runtime: 152 minutes