Japan's official submission for the 'Best Foreign Language Film' category of the 74th Academy Awards in 2002.
Based on the award winning novel by Kazuki Kaneshiro.
Sugihara (Yosuke Kubozuka) feels more like a misfit than most high school students, being the son of a Japanese mother (Shinobu Otake) and a North Korean father (Tsutomu Yamazaki). Changing schools does not help much, as he is simply taunted by a different group of kids. Fortunately, his father has given him boxing lessons to keep the bullies at bay. When Sugihara falls for the popular Sakurai (Kou Shibasaki) and she seems interested in him, he sees the possibility of being accepted.
- Making Of GO (40 mins)
- Portrait of GO (16 mins)
- Premiere Stage Greetings (17 mins)
- Yosuke Kubozuka and Isao Yukisada press launch (11 mins)
- Original Trailers
- Slipcase with artwork from Thomas Walker
- Reversible Sleeve featuring original Japanese artwork
- Slipcase edition limited to 1000 copies
Director: Isao Yukisada
Cast: Yosuke Kubozuka, Kou Shibasaki
Language: Japanese with English subtitles
Runtime: 122 minutes plus Bonus Features