A brand new 4k restoration of perhaps the most famous Japanese horror of all. Hideo Nakata (Dark Water) directs Ringu (the original "Ring") one of the most unsettling and eerie films from any country.
An urban legend about a cursed video tape and mysterious deaths leads reporter Reiko to investigate the story, when her niece is found dead with a group of friends. After watching the tape, Reiko receives a phone call, telling her she has one week left to live.
Only by solving the mystery of this tape can the curse be lifted.
Remade by Hollywood and with a host of sequels, get this blu ray of the first Ring (1998) from Arrow Video, packed with extra features.
Directed: Hideo Nakata
Language: Japanese (with English subtitles)
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative, approved by director of photography Junichiro Hayashi
- High definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Lossless Japanese DTS-HD master audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles
- New audio commentary by film historian David Kalat
- The Ring Legacy, a series of new interviews from critics and filmmakers on their memories of the Ring series and its enduring legacy
- A Vicious Circle, a new video interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger on the career of Hideo Nakata
- Circumnavigating Ring, a new video essay by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on the evolution of the Ring series
- Sadako’s Video
- Theatrical trailers