Wild Search (1989) is one the late director Ringo Lam's best movie with Chow Yun Fat giving a career best performance in his third collaboration with Ringo Lam (after City on Fire and Full Contact).
Chow Yun Fat plays Lau, a widowed police officer investigating a gang of gun runners. When a shootout with the criminals leaves a woman dead, and her daughter the only surviving witness, Lau must protect the young girl from the ruthless gang that wants her dead.
A loose reimagining of Peter Weir’s 1985 film Witness, Wild Search showcases Ringo Lam’s often underrated versatility as a director. With beautiful cinematography by Andrew Lau (Infernal Affairs) and a dreamy score by Lowell Lo, Eureka Classics is proud to present Wild Search in its UK debut on Blu-ray.
Pre-order now for 19th July 2021 release.
Director: Ringo Lam
Cast: Chow Yun Fat, Cherie Chung Chor Hung, Tommy Wong, Roy Cheung Yiu Yeung
Genre: Police Action
Language: Cantonese (with English subtitles)
Country: Hong Kong
Runtime: 99 minutes
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a High Definition transfer from the original film elements
- Optional English dub
- Original Cantonese audio
- Optional English Subtitles
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- The Doyen of Dubs – a brand new and extensive interview with voice over artist Simon Broad, who has recorded English dubs for hundreds of Asian films and for many years was the chosen voice actor for Chow Yun Fat’s in all of his films that had English language releases.
- Archival interview with actor Roy Cheung
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Colour: Colour
- Certificate: 18