One Cut of the Dead is THE global zombie comedy sleeper-hit story, now transplanted to Hollywood.
The film opens in a run-down, abandoned warehouse where a film crew are making a zombie film. Yet this is no ordinary warehouse. It’s been said that it’s the site of military experiments on human. From nowhere, real zombies arrive & terrorize the crew!
This may sound like a the plot of a clichéd zombie film, but One Cut of the Dead is something completely different! Starting off with a non-stop one-take 37 minute shot, the film then completely switches direction & turns the zombie genre completely upside down into a charming, audience-friendly comedy with an ending you won’t see coming!
The spin-off film ONE CUT OF THE DEAD: IN HOLLYWOOD boasts more zealous zombies and the former cast beefed up with international characters. As in the original, the plot centers on the Higurashi family, the starlet Chinatsu, a pretty-boy actor, a cameraman with a bad back, a tomboy assistant camera girl and the usual bumbling underlings. Besides a couple of easy-going producers, the film has added the new characters Joe and Tommy. And there are more zombies than ever!!
Director: Shinichiro Ueda, Yuya Nakaizumi
Cast: Harumi Shuhama, Mao, Takayuki Hamatsu
Genre: Zombie Comedy
Language: Japanese (with English subtitles)
Runtime: 96 minutes + 57 minutes
• “One Cut of the Dead” feature (96 mins)
• “One Cut of the Dead in Hollywood” Spin-off Movie (57 mins)
• Making of One Cut of the Dead (45 mins)
• Director Shinichiro Ueda Interview (18 mins)
• Raw “One Cut of the Dead” GoPro footage (38 mins)
• POM Instruction Video (1 min)
• “One Cut of the Dead” Outtakes (5 min)
• Slipcase featuring artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju)
• Reversible Sleeve with artwork from both movies
• Limited to 2,000 copies